Monday, January 28, 2008

El Sereno

One night Katie and Esau had plans, so Larry, Amy & I went to a really nice restaurant called El Sereno (The Night Watchman) that I had discovered while passing by one night. I can't believe I'd never seen it before - turns out, it's one of the finest in Antigua! We had a really good time, and great food, the soups especially were unforgettable. Amy felt special to be included in the "grown-up's night out!"











After we were all done eating, we discovered these stairs that led to a terrace with a beautiful view overlooking the city. Would be the perfect spot for a romantic night out!


View of the Central Park at dusk


A few random photos--Amy with a delicious carrot cake that we bought for a company meal. We absolutely love this bakery in Antigua called La Cinicienta (which means Cinderella in English.) Besides the carrot cake, they have the best cheesecakes!


Amy at Cafe Condesa, another favorite spot.


What is it about me and restroom shots?


Amy met this adorable little man near a church one day and visited with him. When we saw him on the street a few days later, he wanted to show us something--turns out he was a famous soccer player in his day, and they recently gave him an award. (He's now over 80.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa and family! Travis and I sure love your blog site and enjoy all the wonderful photos of family memories. It almost feels like we went to Guatamala with you!
Take care and keep blogging!
Love,
Kristin & Travis

Aundrea said...

HI!!! I see I really need to go back to Guatemala to eat at a few more places...the "sirena" spot and the cheesecake at Cinecienta. The Hotel pool with great Nachos also looked like fun. (I hope I'm not the only one who gained weight in Guatemala! Now I'm paying for it with carrot and celery sticks!) Very cute foto of Esau and Katie opening presents. Amy, I read your comment on my blog, I really think you need another trip to CA!
love, Aundrea

Bonnie said...

I was kind of hungry and my goodness, the food does look scrumptious in Guatemala! Amy, you could stop off in WY enroute to CA!