Sunday, January 11, 2009

Food and Family

Isn't food and mealtime central to every family get-together? So many memories are made around the table.

Grandpa Kon dishes up the peas.


Emily got stuck between the two little boys. (Actually, I think she volunteered!) Jonathan was keeping a close eye on Trey's plate and telling him to eat, the little hypocrite!



Amy and Danielle having a good chat.









The festive table at Emily and Kerry's on New Year's Day


Table #2



The gracious hostess



The food line



Grandma Becky's famous frosted sugar cookies



Our good friends Ralph and Dorothy joined us for New Year's Day dinner



My Grandma Alice and I. We had a very special visit at the assisted living place where she stays.


Playing Game Boy






Here we are filling our plates again!





Grandpa Kon and his boys

1 comment:

kate said...

My mouth is majorly salivating. And it's not just because I'm chewing sweet mint Orbit. Love the last picture of G'pa Kon with the boys, also the one of them playing Gameboy...something about that dark/light contrast. :) I haven't had peas for awhile, and I would give a molar for one of Grandma Becky's sugar cookies. The ones I made here didn't turn out at all the same. Good angle on the pictures of people dishing up food at Emily's (going at it from above was definitely the right tactic!) I'm really starting to feel like I was there... maybe you could do a little photoshopping and squeeze me in to a few as well?