Monday, January 5, 2009

Fun and Games (and a little trickery)


Any family gathering is not complete without board games--we pulled out that old classic: Monopoly. Victor won big! We decided he is lucky.


All of the players: Larry, Victor, Tristan, me, my sis Emily


Victor and cousin Tristan


The boys "team." After Victor bankrupted everyone except Emily, Larry and Tristan joined forces with him.


Play Dough fun at Emily and Kerry's on New Year's Day.
Jonathan with Uncle Kerry



Something isn't working right!



Even the big kids got into it. Looks like Eron's hands doing a little modifying to a Play Dough car.



Let's take this thing for a spin.









Jonathan and cousin Trey, who are just about the same age. Trey is a little older.



Darrel popping in to say "hi."



Who would have thought we could fit this many people in my old basement bedroom? Kerry and Larry performed a trick for us, involving a dresser with a mirror, but we could only watch it one at a time. So they kept bringing down one person after another, until we all ended up in the same room. My mom has a dust cloth and a can of Pledge in her hand. Never idle, my mother.



So this was the trick, to put your nose up to the mirror and blow Larry's hat off. It looked very realistic. There was also something involving swallowing knives, but we'll leave it at that!

Come on, Victor, blow hard!



It worked!



One last game--Pyschiatrist. This called for everyone except for the patients to wait in the basement while being summoned one by one to be the "pyschiatrist." They had to ask the patients questions to find out what their problem was. If you need more details on just exactly how to play the game, please contact me! :)


"And what's your favorite color?"

3 comments:

Duane Hettich said...

Hey, how did Larry find out about my knife swallowing and hat trick by the mirror? You got good pictures of that during your family gathering. I show that over here once in awhile but haven't as much as I did at home.

kate said...

Mom, I loved the pictures but it made me really sad that I missed out on it all. :( I can't believe how much everyone has changed. I almost didn't recognize Tristan! I miss you guys all a lot... talk to you soon.

Bonnie said...

Happy New Year! It looks like you had a great family time. We celebrated by playing games and having pumpkin pie at midnight! Love, Bonnie