Monday, January 12, 2009

Out For a Walk

We have a tradition at Emily's house of always going out for a walk after dinner. They live in the Nebraska Sandhills, and it's a beautiful location. They have their very own walking/4-wheeler riding trail.


The kitty was going along for the walk, but after getting handled like this, decided she wanted no part of it and headed back to the house!








Uh-oh! Jonathan lost a boot!


Trey's going to help him get it back on.


We weren't going to let the little boys go along on the walk, because they would slow us down, so Grandpa Kon agreed to walk with them. I followed along with my camera, and we soon found that we couldn't keep up with them!









I was trying to get them to go under this tree together, but after many attempts, I finally gave up.








Jonathan and Trey were picking up sticks, and it got to be a little competive who could find the biggest one. Looks like Trey won!


Sticks are multi-purpose






We encountered some sneaky camoflauged hunters along the trail. Turns out they were spying on us the whole time!











Some of the crew went 4-wheeler riding as well.





Kristine, Amy, Danielle and Emily


Me with my sisters!


And the rest of the pictures are of Amy













4 comments:

amyswenson said...

I'd like to add that I'm not conceited - just a willing model! :)

kate said...

Thought number one: you are beautiful Mom! Thought number two: you (not surprisingly) have a beautiful daughter! I loved the pictures of Amy. Other favorites were the one of Jonathan with his boot off (totally caught the moment), the one of J and Trey holding hands (I squealed when I saw it), and the one of just Trey with the blurred background (perfectly simple). Good work once again...

P.S. Thanks for being such a faithful, dedicated follower, commenter, and promoter of my blog. :)

Bonnie said...

How fun that I picked the same 2 favorites as Katie, and didn't know until I got here to write them and read her comments. I'd also add the one of Kon and the boys side by side, way ahead and the 2 of Amy with her hair showing. Esp. the one with her hands in her pockets. It has such a happy natural feel to it.

I already commented about the food ones. Yum...I'm hungry. I'd better go cook lunch...

Bonnie said...

I forgot to add...I'd hate to be Jonathan's cat!!!