Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Studio Renovations

We are making great progress on the studio, thanks to a dedicated team of carpenters, electricians and plumbers. Larry has been great at overseeing the project. It wouldn't be happening without him! Here are a few pictures of what's going on.
Brian, the carpenter, taking a measurement

This is the main room downstairs that will serve as an office/reception area.



When we removed the blue pegboard, we found this great brick wall!


The stairs going up to "The Loft" where the studio will be.




A little plug for Hendrickson Electric (no pun intended.) If you need electrical work, these are the guys for the job!




Electricians Dave and Danny and "site manager" Larry




Larry hard at work




He always manages to have a good time, no matter what he's doing!




Coaxing a smile out of Dave.








And a half smile from Danny



Seriously, Larry has worked very hard. Here he is removing the plaster (or something) that covered the brick






A peek into the loft





More camaraderie between the guys



You gotta do something to try to make this stuff look interesting!

Other big news: the bathroom is being installed this week!

6 comments:

kate said...

Oh. My. Word. How exciting! (Aside: I LOVE your last photo.) I wish I was there so bad to give you decorating input. One thing: Have you considered leaving the plaster on in places to make it look as though the brick is "peeking through?" This is a very classic loft/coffee shop look. It's hard to give much advice based on pictures, so if it doesn't apply, discard it. :) And please fill me in... where is the bathroom going to be?

Lisa S. said...

Yes, I could use your decorating input! I thought the brick would look pretty cool with some of the plaster left on, but alas, it's already all gone. However, it might not have been easy to get the right look, and also, we wouldn't want bits of plaster falling off.

HJ Selch Photography said...

Lisa! It looks great so far, I can't wait to see the finished studio :) I am in desperate need of some headshots...when will the studio be open for a session????

Bonnie said...

How exciting! It already looks artsy. There is something so fun about tackling a big project, then you'll look back and wonder how it all got done. Larry told me last week on the phone, my classmate Bryan (your carpenter) hasn't aged a bit. I agree!

Tamara Takes Santorini By Storm said...

How cool!!! I am so excited for you, Lisa;) And I can't wait to see the finished space. What colors will you be using/painting??

Lisa S. said...

Tamara, The painting is all done now--shades of gray and one wall in a bold blue color called "Beyond Blue." I absolutely love the way it turned out! I've got to get some pictures up on the blog.
Lisa